Orthodontics in El Paso
The advantage of having your orthodontic treatment done at Green Family dental is that we can take care of your braces, cleanings, and any other dental work you made be done in one appointment, instead of having to make several appointments and different offices.
There are a number of reasons why people need braces. These reasons can range from the extreme need for braces and orthodontic work to the simple and cosmetic needs of people who just want a prettier smile. Of course, there are also people who want braces but might not necessarily need them.
Straighten their teeth: teeth that are crooked or misaligned can cause problems with peoples’ bites and they way they chew and process their food. If a bite is off, it can lead to larger problems in the jaw and even cause headaches and backaches.
Bite correction: Many people have over bites, in which is when the upper jaw extends the teeth too far forward. There are also people with under bites, when the bottom teeth jut out farther than the upper teeth. Both of these bites are bad for the jaw as the bites can lead to tension in the jaw and will keep you from biting properly. Deep over bites and under bites (when the teeth bite into the tissue of the other side of the jaw) can also cause bone damage and can make it difficult to chew food.
Cosmetic reasons: Some people don’t really need braces, but get them anyway because they want to improve the look of their smile. Many people think that only perfectly straight teeth are pretty and are willing to undergo the years of orthodontic work in order to have a “perfect” smile.
Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment
For children that need affordable orthodontic care, our orthodontist places special emphasis on interceptive and preventative procedures including metal braces, clear braces, ceramic braces and other growth modifying appliances. In certain cases, correcting an orthodontic problem early allows us to use the growth of the developing child to produce more stable orthodontic results, a better facial appearance, and straight teeth.
Our Dental Office also offers affordable orthodontic treatment for adult and teen patients, utilizing state-of-the-art orthodontic technology, such as Sis Month Braces or Invisalign, which can draamatically reduce treatment time.
Short Term Braces for Adults
(Also known as Six Month Braces or Six Month Smiles)
You may not have severe bite or misalignment problems, but have you ever wished you didn’t have crooked or crowded front teeth? If so, short term orthodontics is a great solution for you. If you are not happy with your smile, short term orthodontics is a method of improving your smile without aggressive cosmetic treatment, and is much more affordable.
Short term orthodontics uses brackets and wires, just like traditional orthodontics. But since many patients who elect to have short term braces put on are not trying to correct major problems, they only need to have braces for a number of months, rather than two or three years. We can also use clear brackets and wires, making them much less noticeable.
What is Invisalign ®?
- Invisalign ® is way to straighten your teeth without braces. Invisalign is also referred by many as Invisible Braces, Clear Braces, Adult Braces, Adult Orthodontics.
- Invisalign ® uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- Invisalign ® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign ® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position your El Paso Invisalign Dentist Dr. Del Greenhalgh has prescribed.
- You’ll visit the Green Family Dental about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your Invisalign orthodontic treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Invisalign Aligners Made?
The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Greenhalgh’s training/experience and 3-D computer imaging technology. For any additional questions about orthodontic treatment at our dental practice in El Paso, give us a quick call